A well-groomed and thick beard works as one of the most appealing accessories, but only those who grow a beard know the degree of discomfort that goes into growing it.
That is why most beard pros recommend using a dedicated beard soap or bar instead of a generic soap or shampoo. All natural beard soaps makes use of organic and natural oils and fats that moisturize and condition the beard and skin without stripping away the natural oils from the hair follicles.
Here are a few points to keep in mind while choosing a beard soap:
- Ingredients – Look for beards soaps that use natural ingredients – oils, clays, fats and butters. Stay away from soaps that contain parabens, artificial ingredients, GMOs or fillers.
- Cleansing capabilities – A beard soap must have potent cleansing capacity. You can choose a soap that has special exfoliant properties to get rid of dirt and grime from your beard and skin.
- Moisturizing and Manageability – Choose a beard soap that cleans your beard without stripping away all of the natural oils in your beard. The soap must also offer decent manageability making the beard free of tangles and adding some volume to it.
- Lather – A good beard soap should lather quite easily. Although, handmade natural soaps don’t lather quickly, a good soap should produce decent lather with a few minutes of effort.
- Scent – Scent is a thing of personal preference but most beard soaps have mild smell that faint away quickly. But it is best to choose a scent that is refreshing and not too overpowering.
So, let us take a look at some of the best beard soaps and their pros and cons.
Top 5 Best Beard Soaps 2018
1.Rocky Mountain Barber Company Soap Bar
The Rocky Mountain Barber Company has a premium five-in-one soap that works great for the beard as well as the rest of the body. It is a shampoo, beard conditioner, body wash, face wash and hand soap – a perfect all-in one solution for men who like to keep it simple and minimalistic.
The soap is prepared using a blend of 100% natural ingredients and 6 essential oils – Sweet Birch, Lime, Cedarwood, Sweet Orange, Patchouli and Cinnamon Leaf.
It is available in two wonderful scents – Birchwood and Cederspice which features lingering yet light aromas that appeal to the senses.
The soaps have transparent appearance with tiny crystals so that you can get thick and creamy lather in no time, but it does not leave residue or turn mushy.
The soap bar is purely hand crafted right from selecting the raw materials to wrapping the soaps.
- Great smell
- Makes use of 6 essential oils
- No drying of skin
- Good lather with minor effort thanks to the soap crystals
- Lasts only a few showers
2.Honest for Men Beard Wash
The Honest for Men Beard Wash soap from Maple Hills Natural is a premium beard wash soap for men that prevents flaking and itching and provides well-conditioned and smooth beard with every wash.
It is a 100% natural product made from all-natural ingredients – different essential oils and butters and does not contain any chemicals which make it a healthier option for your skin and beard.
It creates a rich, soft and foamy lather that leaves your beard healthy, conditioned, dandruff free, great looking and smelling wonderful.
- Uses only natural ingredients
- Nice lather that cleans the beard and removes flakes
- Conditions and softens the beard
- Paraben and Phthalate free
- Nice citrusy smell
- Scent can be a bit strong for those who are sensitive to smells
3.Beard Balm by Leven Rose
It is a fragrance-free product suitable for those who are sensitive to smell or don’t like scented grooming products.
It softens and conditions coarse, frizzy and unruly facial hair and makes it more manageable, smooth and groomable which makes it easier to style.
It is a 100% natural product that does not contain any parabens, GMOs, pesticides, artificial ingredients or fillers.
It is prepared by blending natural Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Castor Oil, Argan Oil and Jojoba Oil.
- The combination of natural oils soften and thicken the beard
- 100% natural product free from artificial fillers, parabens and GMOs
- Cures itching, dandruff, split ends and brittle beard
- Sandalwood scent may be too strong from some users
4.Honest Amish Natural Beard Soap
The Honest Amish Natural Beard and Body Soap is a quality product made from all natural and organic ingredients that is perfect for conditioning and gentle cleansing of the beard and skin.
It makes use of carefully selected oils, clays and botanicals such as virgin olive, virgin pumpkin seed, apricot kernel, palm kernel, coconut, and castor mixed with white kaolin clay and scented with Cedarwood, clove, anise, and lavender.
It has a mild non-drying composition that cleanses and conditions the beard and skin without stripping away the natural oils. It is a small batch handmade natural soap crafted in the USA.
- Light smell which is not overpowering like other soaps
- Does not strip away the natural oils
- Completely natural product, without any harmful chemicals or fillers
- Does not clean up to the same degree as other beard soaps and shampoos
5.Sophisticated Beardsman Citrus Refresh Beard and Body Soap
The Sophisticated Beardsman Citrus Refresh is a two-in-one beard and body soap enriched with essential oils that moisturize and exfoliate the skin and condition the beard.
The balanced mixture of natural and organic oils and ingredients eliminates the dryness and itchiness of the skin underneath the beard and naturally conditions, moisturizes and protects the skin.
The soap lathers well enough to give smooth shaves without leaving any residue on your skin. It has a mild and lingering smell that is not overpowering.
- Unique mild smell
- Naturally conditions the beard and moisturizes the skin
- Does not leave behind any residue
- Alleviates dry skin and itchiness associated with beard growth
- The appealing orange smell of the soap does not stay long after the lather is washed off
Available on Amazon.com
So, this brings us to the end of our list of best beard soaps. You can choose any one of these soaps from the list but it is recommended to opt for an all-in-one soap from your beard and body which give you more value for the money you spend on the product.