Facial hair style has always been a manifestation of manliness and masculinity that men try to achieve and women love to adore.
Although, there are no tricks to grow a beard instantly, but there are ways in which one can speed up the growth of the beard, and boosting the testosterone level is one of the most effective ways to increase your beard.
But before you get on with the ways to boost testosterone for beard growth, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Make sure you sleep well and get plenty of exercise on a daily basis to support the repair and growth process of the body.
- Follow a balanced diet that contains all the essential vitamins and minerals that speed up the pace of facial hair growth.
- Keep your skin clean at all times, moisturize your beard twice a day and exfoliate one a week. Clean and moisturized skin encourages facial hair growth.
- Don’t forget facial massage. It improves blood circulation to the hair follicles on the face and stimulates new hair growth.
So, let us take a look at the ways to boost testosterone for beard growth.
What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a key male hormone produced by specialized cells (Leydig cells) in the male testes that regulates various process in the male body – such as facial and body hair growth, sex drive, muscle size and strength, bone mass, red blood cells production, etc.
But some men have lower level of testosterone compared to others. Lower level of testosterone leads to decrease in body hair, skin alterations, decrease in muscle mass, decrease in bone mass, etc.
How Testosterone Affects Hair Growth?
Once testosterone is produced, it starts circulating in the body locating receptor sites to attach to. Androgen receptors present in the hair follicles attract the testosterone and binds to them and start growing.
Testosterone regulates hair growth by affecting the hair follicle and deciding how it can produce different types of hairs such as facial hair, scalp hair or pubic hair.
So, it can be said that the higher the level of testosterone in vitro, the greater will be the ability of a man to grow a beard.
Factors that Determine Facial Hair Growth
There are a number of factors such as a person’s genetic makeup and hereditary genes that contribute to a man’s facial hair growth.
- Hereditary Genes – A persons hereditary genes determine the growth of facial hair. If a person’s father and grandfather had a decent growth of facial hair then most likely that person is also going to have it.
- Testosterone – Facial hair remains light and fine before puberty. Production of testosterone during puberty spurs the growth of facial hair in boys. Their fine hair becomes dark and coarse.
How to Boost Testosterone Level to Increase Beard Growth?
1.Get the Right Nutrients
There are a number of vitamins, minerals and nutrients in the daily diet that can be advantageous on your ability to grow facial hair. So, make sure you get plenty of zinc, magnesium and vitamin D through your foods to achieve optimal testosterone production – which is directly related to beard growth.
2.Exercise and Sleep Well
Other than your diet, the lifestyle choices you make can have significant effect on your beard growth. Exercising on a daily basis for at least 1 hour raises your heart rate which in turn boosts your testosterone levels. An average adult needs to sleep at least 6 hours a day and the body uses this time to rebuild, repair and grow – which includes your beard and moustache.
3.Take Testosterone Supplements
If all else fails then you can always get an extra boost of testosterone by taking it in the form of supplements. Testosterone boosters help to increase facial hair growth level but the thickness of the beard depends on the number of hair follicles on the man’s face. But, taking too many testosterone supplements can have harmful side effects such as increased risk of heart attack, cardiovascular problems, increase in the size of the prostate, prostate cancer, etc.
So, now that you know how to raise the level of testosterone for beard growth, try to incorporate these natural procedures in to your routine and don’t forget to take care of your skin and beard by grooming it with a moisturizing beard balm, cleanse it using a good beard soap or shampoo and conditioning it using a beard oil or conditioner.